The fashion industry is not far behind in this age of digital technology, where every industry is establishing some kind of online presence. The explanation for this is that nowadays, people tend to purchase goods from the convenience of their own homes, with only a few mouse clicks. It saves them the effort and time of going to physical stores. The selection available in these online stores is also extensive, allowing you to make an informed decision.
Probably almost everybody of you who is reading the blog may had and previous online shopping experience but still, when the covid-19 pandemic is arising, Make certain that the website from which you purchase items online is safe. No matter what you do, safety is always the priority, particularly when it comes to money.
When you’re browsing a website, think about whether it’s a reputable one and check out the customer feedback. You should be cautious of websites that have negative feedback or contain potentially harmful information.
This blog mentions the 7 master tips to do careful online shopping experience during the covid-19 pandemic. These steps are mentioned from the personal online shopping experience. Please do consider them while doing online shopping during the covid-19 Pandemic.
Also read Keyboard Shortcuts of Photoshop (2021)
7 Tips For A Secure Online Shopping Experience
1. Make Use of Well-Known Websites (Online Shopping Experience)
Instead of using a web search tool, start at a reputable website. When you get past the first couple of pages of links, search results can be rigged to lead you astray. If you’re familiar with the website, chances are it’s less likely to be a ruse. In reality, almost every physical store now has an online presence. Right spellings and pages with a different top-level space (.net instead of.com, for example) are the most well-known traps in the book. We hope that your previous online shopping experience will help you with this step.
Alright, the offers on these sites may seem appealing, but that is how they trick you into giving up your personal information.
How to know if a site is a fraud?
- A product is sold at an unbelievably low price or with unbelievable benefits or features that seem to be too good to be true.
- The anonymity, terms, and conditions of use, dispute resolution, and contact information provided by an online retailer are insufficient.
- The other party demands immediate payment, either by electronic funds transfer or wire transfer. They can require you to pay for coupons in advance before you can take advantage of a bargain or a giveaway.
- The social media-based store is brand new, and it sells products at extremely low prices. The store’s knowledge of delivery and other policies may be minimal.
2. Information on how to contact us
From the Previous online shopping experience you must be aware about the fact that, Any serious online business must have clear contact details. One of the first things you can look for when visiting a website is the contact details. Before you make any order, double-check that you have direct contact details. Not only does the contact details include a phone number and an address, but it also contains an email contact form. Most people believe that a toll-free number is superior to a local number because it is free and demonstrates a company’s strength. However, anybody can apply for a toll-free number, and people can take advantage of it to increase the appeal of a trap.
3. An HTTPS connection is needed
HTTPS is a secure protocol that uses a digital certificate to ensure that the web is secure. This ensures that the website uses an encryption scheme to protect the user’s private information and that no third party can read or view it. The majority of internet users are aware of HTTPS, because of their previous online shopping experience.
How many of you search it when you shop online?
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) is a secure version of HTTP. HTTPS links are commonly used for online payment transactions and the transfer of confidential data.
- When you click to check out on a formal online shopping site, your link will move from HTTP to HTTPS.
- If you don’t have an HTTPS link, all of your registration and banking information is visible to everyone on the internet.
- Make sure your URL link switches to HTTPS from HTTP after you press the check-out button.
4. Look for Customer Reviews
Buying items from an eCommerce platform or online store that you are familiar with is often better than buying from a stranger. However, if it’s a new shop, make sure to look it up on social media and review sites to see if it has any reputation or customer feedback. You can also search the store for customer feedback and recommendations in addition to performing a background check.
How to check for Reviews?
- Almost all the trustable online shopping sites do have a section for product reviews for every product. You can find reviews of products in the bottom of the product page.
- can also look for customer ratings.
- You can also visit the social media pages of the site to see reviews.
- Websites like Trustpilot also give honest reviews about the various sites.
- Have a Visit to Quora for the following purpose.
5. Online provide websites with needed information
The majority of websites you visit or shop on can request information from you to complete your purchase or create a wish list. Only provide them with the details they need. The more information you publish, the easier it is for a bad website to find you. Even, before you offer your details to someone, think about it.
How do know what information to provide?
- Delivery Address
- Contact number
- Email address
- Be active while making online payments.
- Prefer using credit cards over debit cards.
6. When visiting foreign websites, be cautious
When visiting foreign websites, be cautious.
Scams on international websites are well-known. The amount of hacking and malware cases that occur daily will confuse you. We don’t want to scare you, but it’s best to stop online shopping on international websites if you can’t find the website you’re looking for.
7. When your goods arrive, inspect them thoroughly (Online Shopping Experience)
When your goods arrive, inspect them thoroughly.
Do a thorough inspection of your goods as soon as you receive them to ensure that you have purchased exactly what you ordered and that they are in perfect condition. If you discover even the tiniest flaw in the product, you can request a substitute or a refund. Many e-commerce stores, in reality, have allowed this feature.
We hope that our tips and your previous online shopping experience will be beneficial and helpful to be careful from fraud websites and do safe online shopping.